Musician’s House in Tallinn (Muusiku maja Tallinnas), 2005-10
The existing house stands inside of the courtyard among wooden houses in the area protected as the “valuable miljöö” in the outer ring of the central city of Tallinn. The existing stone structure, once served as a lemonade factory, was originally built at the beginning of 1950, stood empty for a while. The small but stone house is now to be renovated and extended for live/ work purpose for a musician. The proposal is to maximize the inner volume in the addition part within the limitation by the building code, as well as to keep privacy from the immediate neighbours through appropriate window sizes and orientation. The exterior wall is to be rendered roughly in light grey as respect to the existing building.